Re: [hylafax-users] Problem authenticating through PAM

Darren Nickerson wrote:

The PAM code in HylaFAX 4.4.1 is quite a bit different than the HylaFAX+ you are using - we completely rewrote it several releases ago. Can you try a current build of HylaFAX and let me know if it's any better (or worse)?

As the segfault is coming from the underlying PAM module (pam_mysql.so) in proper pam API handling the problem will occur regardless of what HylaFAX version is being used as there is no way to avoid it given the /etc/pam.d/hylafax usage that Klaus has presented.

I would disagree with the "quite a bit different" characterization, however. The way that the code is arranged is, indeed, quite a bit different... but what the code actually does is nearly exactly the same between hylafax.org and HylaFAX+ versions. Even a very light reading of the code reveals this.

Thanks,