[hylafax-users] Restrict fax send to a specific time window

I would like to specify that a fax job only be attemped during certain hours of the day on certain days, like 8 am to 5 pm weekdays. I've read the sendfax man page and the online docs and I don't see anything like this. I can specify when to schedule transmission using the -a option to sendfax, but I don't think this will be sufficient. Let me explain why and maybe someone will have a good idea on how to handle things:

We generate around 700 faxes as a result of a billing program that runs once per month. This program runs on the last day of the month. Most of the recipients have fax machines that are on all the time, but some turn them off on weekends and after business hours. If the last day of the month is on a weekend, we need to schedule some of the 700 faxes to be sent on the next business day instead of scheduling them immediately. As well, these faxes need to be sent during business hours since the recipient turns off their fax machine. With 700 faxes in the queue, my concern is that if we schedule the fax to send at 8 am the next morning hylafax will be so busy with all the other faxes that the scheduled ones won't be attempted until after business hours. So I need a "don't attempt after 5 pm" type of rule. Any way to do this?

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
	- billyskank on Groklaw