[hylafax-users] sendfax fails to send *.ps files generated by postscript printer driver

Hi,

I've set up hylafax-4.3.2 under FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE + Samba, with an
external serial modem. It works well in receiving faxes, but fails to
send *.ps files from the Windows XP client - WHFC. These *.ps files are
generated by printer HP LaserJet 5/5M PostScript.

My debug steps:
1) print attachment "test.eml" to file "test.ps" via printer under
Windows XP.
2) copy "test.eml" and "test.ps" to the FreeBSD box.
3) run `sendfax -n -d 8172 test.eml`, OK, the fax machine got the facsimile.
4) run `sendfax -n -d 8172 test.ps`, got error message - "Can not
determine file type".
5) run `ps2ps test.ps test.ps2` and got "test.ps2".
6) run `sendfax -n -d 8172 test.ps2`, OK.

I didn't modify "/usr/local/lib/fax/typerules".

Who can tell the reason, and how to fix it? Any advices are appreciated.

- Aaron

--- Begin Message ---
Welcome to the hylafax-users list, and to the HylaFAX community. We hope you
find this forum as helpful as we do!

reflects our commitment to foster a strong, self-supporting community of
HylaFAX users. As with any free resource though, it's only as helpful as
the people who contribute to it. We encourage you to contribute to whatever
level you are able, don't be shy! ;-)

If you have joined this list looking for an answer to a particularly
difficult question, you might want to consider taking advantage of HylaFAX's
commercial support and/or professional services. An expert team of long-standing
members of the HylaFAX community would be happy to discuss how they can help
you. Drop them an email at sales@xxxxxxxxxxx to learn more.

Sincerely,

--
Darren Nickerson