Re: [hylafax-users] Send fax problem (copy 3 times)

Hi Yudi,

Il giorno lun, 03/09/2007 alle 22.18 +0700, Yudi Wijaya ha scritto:
> I install hylafax-server on debian, i already install the latest version
> hylafax-server from "apt-get install" source.
>
> So, this problem already happen 2 times..
> 1st.. i got report from my friend at office that he tried send fax to
> other fax number at office (we have 2 fax machine) and the fax is copied
> 3 times.. then i tried cleaning HylaFAX use this commands:
> /etc/init.d/hylafax stop
> cd /var/spool/hylafax/
> rm archive/* docq/* log/* recvq/* sendq/* tmp/*
> /etc/init.d/hylafax start
>
> then the problem is gone...

I think you shouldn't remove your program and data this way. When you
install a program, you should act on its data using its commands. The
first suggestion I have for you is to enable some tracing, so that your
problem may be investigated.
If your page is sent more than once, probably this is a commnication
error, and the server send the page again because it think that the
previous attempt failed.

In order to add some tracing informarion, please set sessiontracing and
servertracing in /etc/hylafax/config* to 0xFFF. Then restart hylafax.

> but after few days.. the problem happen again, the fax copy 3 times.. i
> worry those client that we sent the fax will angry to us.
>
> btw, is this because too many queue problem, the queue of 1st problem is
> about 500 - 1000 and the 2nd problem is about 100 - 200 ??
> well, i don't know this problem related to queue problem or not.. but
> please someone here help me

Do you mean the seding queue? Did you send all that fax at the same
time? Or do you mean that the system already sent these faxes?

> other question, when i must delete / reset the queues ?

I think you should never delete or reset the queues.

Bye,
Giuseppe