Re: [hylafax-users] T38Modem

"Robert Moskowitz" <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is anyone running T38Modem?

Very few people, as far as we know ...

What is this about needing to compile kernel for 'Legacy Character Devices'?

I think you'll find it to be a similar limitation discussed at:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Handbook:Basic_Server_Configuration:Modem-specific_Guidance

Thanks. T38 support would be very nice to see in Hylafax, but not to make us compile our kernels...

Note the changes in FC6 that made this a lot easier ...

The main barriers to using t38modem tend to be more related to the complexity of getting an H.323 setup that works well, and interoperates well with another H.323 t.38-capable gateway (or endpoint). If you have that, then tweaking the legacy char devices should be a cakewalk! ;-)

-d