Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting modem to come ready

Am Montag 02 Juli 2007 schrieb Roberto Eugeni:
> Max Mothwurf ha scritto:
> > In that case you dont need faxgetty.
> > Make sure
> > /usr/sbin/faxmodem /dev/ttyS0
> > runs after hylafax is startet.
> >
> > HTH
> > Mx
>
> I restarted the server with /sbin/service hylafax start
>
> Starting HylaFAX queue manager (faxq):                     [  OK  ]
> Starting HylaFAX server (hfaxd):                           [  OK  ]
>
> But nothing happend. I tried to launch faxsetup again with the default
> choice and the modem is working now.

AFAIK starts faxsetup faxmodem as well.
I use a send-only environment as well, and I use a little script to start
faxmodem during setup. In the SuSE world it is inserted with
insserv /usr/sbin/run_faxmodem
There should be a similar command for Red Hat.