Re: [hylafax-users] IAXModem With HylaFAX

Hi Vinicius, I'm passing you my configuration:
first of all, make sure you get iaxmodem and hylafax configured as shown in this page:
You dont have to compile sources the apt goes fine with debian
http://www.julianmenendez.es/documentos/asterisk_hylafax_iaxmodem
Here is a different extension as you have:

exten => fax,1,Dial(IAX2/200)

This one captures fax and send it to the 200 exten inside the iax.conf
Another thing is to change this setting in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

;faxdetect=both
faxdetect=incoming
;faxdetect=outgoing
;faxdetect=no

With this one, previuosly, removing the zaptel and wctdm modules (rmmod zaptel, rmmod wctdm) and then loading again (modprobe zaptel, modprobe wctdm.

I have the same configuration and I receives faxes perfectly.

Another good thing is under asterisk console (asterisk -r) set verbose to 3 so you can follow what is going on with the call.

Vinicius Teixeira Coelho wrote:
i'm already wake this question on asterisk forum, but not solve my problem =(
well, i try again install the hylafax and iaxmodem, i notice this time when the faxsetup is trying the search for the modem speed show this message:
Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 19200 9600 4800 2400 1200
Unable to deduce DTE-DCE speed; check that you are using the
correct device and/or that your modem is setup properly. If
all else fails, try the -s option to lock the speed.

the faxsetup don't configure corret me modem?

thanks