Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + qmail different servers email -> qmail -> Internet -> Hylafax -> iaxmodem -> Asterisk -> Destination FAX (/number/)

Miguel A Felipe Rodríguez wrote:
I dont know if this messages was sent earlier, sorry if I send it again
Hi,

I´m newby to Hylafax. I have just configured it within a server with iaxmodem and asterisk. But now I want to deploy a new project: send faxes throught email.
So my email server is in another location and the thing I'm looking for is that qmail receives a /number/@fax and could send it throught the server that has the hylafax.

email -> qmail -> Internet -> Hylafax -> iaxmodem -> Asterisk -> Destination FAX (/number/)

email -> qmail: I have it yet configured so it accepts @fax only from authenticated users
qmail -> Internet -> Hylafax: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS, niether if its possible, can anyone help me with this?
Hylafax -> iaxmodem -> asterisk -> Destination Fax: Just done.

This message has probably come through ~3 times now..

Anyway - it is perfectly possible. You need to set up another mailserver on the hylafax machine. This needs to accept mail bound for a specific subdomain - eg outgoing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recommend you read the installation guides - it should get you up and running fairly quickly.