Re: [hylafax-users] an old issue FAXRM

* Fernando <fernando.alhambra@xxxxxxxxx> [070613 08:56]:
> Thanks Aidan,
>
> You were right, that was my hosts.hfaxd:
> localhost
> 127.0.0.1
> 10.2.84.*
> ^root@::tg7.gHr.L3sKQ:5GHfSf812wXaY
>
> so never reach the root user directly.
> But now that I've put the ^root line the first, even with the command
> faxstat, it ask me for the password.
>
> Maybe without password to avoid that?

The format is:
So your line:
	^root@::tg7.gHr.L3sKQ:5GHfSf812wXaY
has
	client = ^root@
	uid =
	password = tg7.gHr.L3sKQ (crypt result for 'abcd')
	admin = 5GHfSf812wXaY

If you want to allow "root" to login with no password, set the password
to empty, like:
	^root@:::5GHfSf812wXaY

I might suggest if you do that, that HylaFAX firewalled, or it will
allow anybody to have access to your hylafax server as root (although
not admin unless they brute-force your admin password).

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103