Re: [hylafax-users] how to check modem activity which logs

Hi Raphael;

>I don't get to make anything work with minicom....where can I set the
>RingsBeforeAnswer is set up at '1' ? In hylafax or somewhere else ??

RingsBeforeAnswer is in the modem configuration file.  See the following for
more information;

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php

>My modem is a Zyxel Elite 2864I, I setted up in hylafax as a class 2.0
modem. Is
>that right ?

Use Class 1 or 1.0 if they are available (Class 2, 2.0, and 2.1 is broken on
most modems).

>I've tried again and I am able to send a fax but not receive any...... and
when
>I am connected with minicom, and I do call the modem, I can't see
anything...

Try using Minicom to dial a number with your modem.  Your cell phone is good
because you can hear it ring and answer the call easily.  The modem will
require an ATDT command - ATtention Dial Tone - and this will be in the
format ATDT0123456789 (replace 0123456789 with your cell number).  The
purpose of this test is to ensure that your modem can make calls with
Minicom.  If that works then calling the modem from your cell phone should
give you the 'ring' message in the terminal window.  Once you can make and
receive calls then you can proceed to HylaFAX.

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI
Mainpine Limited - Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 869439
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com