Re: [hylafax-users] pdf2fax issue

I just figured out the reason my pdfs were being cut off. The pdfs weren't letter or legal size. They were actually scanned documents that were saved as pdfs and saved as 8.5 x 14" instead of 8.5 x 11".
Thanks for all your help though.
---
Davie Lynn wrote:
I submitted the pdf using sendfax in the following manner:

sendfax -s 'letter' -d ####### filename.pdf

and then

senfax -s 'a4' -d ###### filename.pdf

The result was the same. For some reason, the bottom of the pdf is still moved up about 2 inches and the top part of the pdf is cut off in the resulting fax.

Lee Howard wrote:
Please try using sendfax (HylaFAX's command-line client) and make sure to pay special attention to the pagesize (-s) option. See you still get the variation there.

Lee.

Davie Lynn wrote:

Sometimes I submit the fax via e-mail using hylafax's e-mail to fax gateway and sometimes I submit the fax using the JHylafax client. Either way, the result is the same.

Lee Howard wrote:

Davie Lynn wrote:

I'm a newbie when it comes to using Linux and Hylafax.

Whenever I submit postscript files to hylafax, the resulting fax looks fine. However, when I submit a tif or a pdf file ( to be converted to a faxable tiff by hylafax ), the resulting fax looks like everything has been moved up about 2 cm and the top part is cut off as a result.

I'll be glad to attach the pdf, resulting postscript file, copy of log files, etc. Just let me know what to do.

What client are you using? When you "submit" files to HylaFAX how, exactly, are you doing it?

*To learn about expensive HylaFAX(tm) support, mail sales@xxxxxxxxx*