Re: [hylafax-users] faxing to foreign countries

* Moritz Winterberg <winterberg@xxxxxxxxxx> [070524 09:05]:
> Well for example I have some users that try to send faxes to foreign
> countries and they tell me they are sitting beside their faxmachines
> and nothing happens while my logfile tells me that there was no
> answer. Which sounds to me as if the remote did not recognize my fax
> indication signal somehow ? Maybe due to bad line quality or so.
>
> My setup is as following:
> Debian Linux (Etch) with hylafax+ 5.1.4 and Eicon Diva Server PRI card
> connected to Digium Pri on another machine running asterisk. The
> asterisk Gateway will do some accounting and forward calls to the
> PSTN.

To get any  real idea of what's going on, and how "bad" any problem is,
you really need to break down your statistics.

You'll need to separate *all* the errors.  And you'll have to start to
classify the numbers of :
1) Calls
2) Calls answered
3) Calls answered by fax machine (i.e. fax session starts)
4) Errors after fax sessions starts (broken down by what error)
5) Pages faxed

And for 3,4,5, you'll also need to start breaking them down by "country"
if you're interested in comparing "foreign" rates.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103