Re: [hylafax-users] sendfax sometimes hangs, can't identify protocol?

* Mark Hunting <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> [070508 09:00]:
> Hello Aidan,
>
> Thanks a lot for your anwser! I don't have the slightest idea if I use
> triggers or JWAIT. I just call sendfax, usually from a perl script. Is
> that answer enough or do you want me to find out if I use triggers?
> Please let me know how to do that if that information is important.

Hm.. if sendfax and faxstat are the *only* clients you use, then the
trigger bug doesn't sound likely.  Are there any faxq messages in syslog
about "Bad fifo message" or something like that?

> If I can find the time (and a spare server + Eicon card...) I'll try to
> get the CVS version working. But a problem here is that the server must
> be stable enough for production (without production I don't know if the
> bug is still present). Another problem is that I use Debian and like
> apt-get. Building a Debian source package is doable for me but building
> and installing Hylafax from CVS is another story. It will take me some
> time. But I hope I can try it soon.

Well, you're in luck.  You can build debian packages right from CVS:
	http://cvs.hylafax.org/HylaFAX/?p=HylaFAX;a=commit;h=909cfff8fd757586cfdcf5f47092e7afab7712ae

> Is the bug you talk about also present in the version I use now, 4.3.1?

Yes.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103