Re: [hylafax-users] Decrease error check will prevent T.30 T2 timeout error ?

On 5/4/07, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George H wrote:

> May 03 21:25:59.79: [20304]: --> [10:NO CARRIER]
> May 03 21:25:59.79: [20304]: <-- [9:AT+FRH=3\r]
> May 03 21:26:18.59: [20304]: --> [10:NO CARRIER]

18 seconds from the time of the Phase C carrier loss and the modem still doesn't detect any V.21 signalling from the sender. Either the sender messed up or the modem's V.21 HDLC detection did.

I am considering the possibility that it could be from the sender, since these errors that I get are rare but persistent from certain numbers sending faxes.

That said, USR modems are quirky - *moreso* in Class 2.0 than in Class
1.  I would recommend that you re-run faxaddmodem for the USR so that
you can get this entry in your modem config file:

#
# When using AT+FRS=n we see USR modems reset themselves in the middle
of sessions
# this is not good.  So, we seem to work-around that problem by not
using the
# command.  Unfortunately, this isn't an ideal thing.
#
Class1SwitchingCmd:     "<delay:7>"

Many USR modem users have reported that avoiding AT+FRS=7 helps them.
Its use seems to _sometimes_ cause issues later for the USRs.

Lee.

I'll try this out.

OWEVER, it's not doing everything and must rely on the modem to
do some things correctly.... USR modems have know bugs and will give you
issues... sorry, but that's how it is.

Yeah I understand that not everything is bug free, then again I am in a situation where I have to work with what I am given. If it were up to me i'd do away with faxes altogether! but there are many business out there that still use it in their business cycle and are reluctant to change!

So far the introduction of hylafax servers is relatively small in my
company, once we start getting requests for fax servers for every
department, then we'll request upper-management to provide us with the
funds to make a proper and centralized solution (which is where I'd
check out your mainpipe hardware.)

Thanks for the responses.

--
"Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it"
"The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability"