Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with resolution

Moritz Winterberg wrote:

Can you provide me with the /var/spool/hylafax/info/ file that corresponds to this destination after the error occurs, please?

Now there are two problems I see here:

1.) Both machines are exact the same and do have an Eicon Diva Server
PRI card which after EICON support is even able to do super high
resolution whatever fax.
Still the sending machines tells me that the receiving one would not
support fine mode fax ??
Since the hardware does support it, do I have to set this up somewhere
in hylafax ?

No. You have to set it up with the Eicon tools. Remember, the Diva Server is really more of a fax proxy. You can't trust it to give HylaFAX the completely true picture of the remote device communication.

2.) I've set maxtries to 3 and I get these logfiles 3 times in the
exact same way. So Hylafax will not reformat the DOC for lower
resolution ??

any further hints ?

Yes, let me have a look at that info file. That should give me much better information.

Thanks,