From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Stowe
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:16 PM
To: Sam Luxford-Watts
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] monitoring hylafax with Microsoft
Operations Manager

This strikes me as somewhat unusual -- in a truly heterogenous
environment
(not just different Windows versions) it's weird to find somebody
monitoring *nix servers from Windows and not the other way around,
especially since MOM appears to be the philosophic opposite of open
source
-- it's a framework designed to let you pay for everything you monitor.
(Awesome!)

Out of the box, so to speak, MOM is capable of taking a syslog stream,
so
if you wanted to leverage your investment in MOM, you could point
hylafax
at syslog, and point syslog at MOM, then parse out anything you cared
about. Alternatively, you can write a MOM script to poke hylafax's
ports,
I suppose, if you wanted to periodically verify its operation.

I have yet to run across anybody who has bothered doing either, but that
doesn't mean they don't exist. If they have, they've probably released
it
as a management pack you can pay for.