Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax receive pickup mandriva 2007

Shay B. Cohen-Laor wrote:

Hello All.

I'm using Mandriva 2007 64Bit.

For some reason the modem doesn't pick up the phone.

I need it to answer only fax calls (this is a dedicated line).

The following packages are installed on my system:

kdegraphics-kfax-3.5.4-7.2mdv2007.0

ksendfax-3.0.2-4mdk

kdebase-kdeprintfax-3.5.4-35mdv2007.0

hylafax-4.3.0-1mdv2007.0

hylafax-client-4.3.0-1mdv2007.0

drakfax-0.11-1mdk

lib64hylafax4.3.0-4.3.0-1mdv2007.0

lib64hylafax4.3.0-devel-4.3.0-1mdv2007.0

qfaxreader-0.3-1mdk

hylafax-server-4.3.0-1mdv2007.0

mgetty-viewfax-1.1.30-10mdv2007.0

I have an HSF modem that works fine with minicom (tested the modem answer capabilities in this software)

The modem brand is US Robotics.

Can someone help me?

You may not be running faxgetty or have RingsBeforeAnswer configured as you may want.

I would suggest reading here:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/index.php

And then see where you get.