Re: [hylafax-users] Max concurrent jobs per user

Lee Howard napisał(a):
Maciej Żwirski wrote:

Is there a way to limit concurrent jobs per user (to any destination).

You can limit concurrent calls, yes. Via JobControl (MaxConcurrentCalls).
Yeah, but this will set the limit only for one destination. For example, I won't be able to send 100 faxes to 22434XXXX, but I can send 100 faxes providing I use several different destination numbers. I was able to find your post from 2001 describing this problem :) But there was no final conclusion to it...

My clients have a tendecy to gather faxes and the send them in one go... and block the platform for a while... Or maybe there is a way to "randomize" the job queue, so it won't be served in a FIFO way?

I would suggest that your clients need to be more careful about how they use job priorities. That way someone sending a lot of jobs that don't need to get there in any rapid manner can use "bulk" priority, and then those who need to get them send in haste can use an escalated priority - and then the urgent jobs will get processed more quickly, before the bulk ones.
The problem is, my clients do not set priorities themselves. They all have one prioroty assigned. And there is no way of telling when they send bulk faxes and when they send "mission critical" retail ones.

Lee.
Maciej

Nawet 50MB w jednym mailu >>> http://link.interia.pl/f19e7