From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lee Howard
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:35 AM
To: Gunjan Gupta
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] difference between MaxTries and maxDials

Gunjan Gupta wrote:

> I am quite confused in these two parameters MaxTries and MaxDials.

A dial is a dial - MaxDials refers to the maximum number of times that
the job will trigger faxsend/pagesend to dial the destination number.

A "try" is an attempt at performing fax protocol - MaxTries refers to
the maximum number of times that the job will attempt to perform fax
protocol (for the same page, I think).

> Pls explain me in this scenario:
>
> Suppose I have set maxTries to 3 and maxDials to 8, then in which
> cases it will try 8  or 3 times and will terminate the job . As per my

> understanding , terminating the job means it will send  the
> notification(it set ) if success or fails whatever it may be.

Essentially, yes.  The notification is based on the job's request for
it, however.