Re: [hylafax-users] Email to fax with PDF attachment not working

The post says

"Pulled out 4.3.x and installed 5.0.4 from the tar ball, and removed
the hyla.conf and faxmail.conf files."

version 5.0.4 of what ?

I looked at the other posts people made and looked at that
http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/misc/faxmail-mimeconverters.php
url

Most of their config file scheme don't exist on gentoo. I think each
distro names and puts them wherever they want.

Even then, I still don't understand what your post was talking about.
You uninstalled something v4.3.x  (I assume hylafax ?) and installed
something else v5.0.4. Aside from that I can't seem to understand
anything more.

On 2/28/07, Chip Mefford <cpm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George H wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using hylafax v4.3.2 on  Gentoo Linux box.
> I can successfully send emails to hylafax and it will send it to my
> fax machine. It works with Postscript attachments, but doesn't seem to
> work with PDFs.

See this message in the archives.

I had exactly the same issue.

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2007-02/msg00170.php

--
"Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it"
"The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability"