Re: [hylafax-users] ModemDialCmd not working as expected

Mike B wrote:

I have the following line for my ModemDialCmd in config.ttyS0

ModemDialCmd: ATDT9,1%s

I need to dial 9 to get an outside line. I have been noticing that all faxes to long distance numbers are failing.
It looks as though it is dialing as I would like it to, but I received a phone call today from someone who had phone number of 5182293127, and they said they missed a couple calls from me. I am in area code 518,
so somehow when the modem dials out, it seems like the "1" is not getting dialed. Calls within the 518 are code work fine. Can anyone help me fix my ModemDialCmd to make the long distance numbers work?

Normally you'd use dialrules to determine whether or not you dial 1... unless, of course, you are supposed to dial a 1 for local calls as well.