Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX/FreeBSD and multiport serial

Joseph Olatt wrote:

I am planning on connecting a multiport serial card to FreeBSD 6.2 to
run HylaFAX. I'm contemplating on using the LAVA Octopus-550 multiport
serial card mainly because of cost. Are there any users on this list
that are successfully using this combination? Are there any users who
have been unsuccessful? All experiences with the above combination will
be greatly appreciated.

The only experience that I have had with using a LAVA serial card was not positive. The customer ended up switching to a card by SIIG and had no problems from there.