[hylafax-users] Internal vs. external modem

Hello all,

I am trying to reduce the number of physical computers we have in the area where our servers are located. Some time ago I tried using HylaFAX on VMware server and it worked really well. We were using for a few months and no problems seemed to occur. When we upgraded our server to a more powerful machine, I installed the latest HylaFAX in a new virtual machine on the new server but all of the faxes failed to send. The log files showed it trying to connect at the highest speed and then kept dropping down until it finally gave up and then disconnected.

My question is, is there any differences between an internal modem and an external modem that may help resolve this problem? Right now HylaFAX is running back on it's own machine. We are using two external modems for our two fax lines. I was wondering if I switched to internal PCI modems if that would make a difference?

If anyone could share their VMware experiences or suggest something I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

--
Richard Morris HDD Broker, Inc. Toll-Free: +1 866 960-3331 International: +1 250 474-6022 Fax: +1 250 474-6099 E-Mail: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Web Site: www.hddbroker.com