[hylafax-users] Notify Problems with Attachments

Title: Notify Problems with Attachments

I want to share issues that I have with the notify process used for sending emails concerning fax deliveries. I am running Hylafax 4.3.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3. This version corrected a problem with 4.3.1 where the body of the email was not being sent. I have found two other issues concerning attachments. The first has to do with Hylafax creating a .ps file in docq, but the file is really a pdf file. The original file sent from the client is a pdf. The Hylafax environment knows that it is a pdf, but the extension is incorrect. Another problem has to do with the requested attachment type set in FaxNotify by using RETURNFILETYPE=pdf". If the filetype is already in the correct format, the ConvertFile macro does not return a filename and therefore no attachment is sent. Probably not the intent.

I was able to overcome these two problems by modifying ConvertFile in the bin/common-functions file. I added these three lines to the pdf conversion right after the "Nothing necessary" message is sent to the log.

                    name="`basename $1 .ps`"
                    cp $1 $TMPDIR/$name.pdf
                    echo "$TMPDIR/$name.pdf"

Carl Carstenson