From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ACL
Sent: 13 February 2007 11:01
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] Faxgetty not functioning well for very high volume outbound fax

I have a server running 48 fax modems (cpu=P4 2.66G, 90%+ utilisation , mem=512MB, 60% used, no swap used) nonstop 24/7.

faxes are sending every minute.

Every day, there are one or two fax modems failed to send queued fax. After killing the corresponding faxgetty, the faxgetty is restarted automatically by init and then the fax modems start to send fax again. They keep running for several days or months.

This happens randomly among the 48 fax modems.

- Modem status is "running and idle" when faxgetty is not functioning.
- sendfax, faxrm, faxstat, etc are functioning well.

As a workaround, I have written a program to kill faxgetty if the modem is idle for certain time.

Pls advise.

YM - ???息
就算你?有上?,你的朋友仍可以留下?息?你,?你上??就能立即看到,任何??都?走失。
http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions