Re: [hylafax-users] Faxing of Word's DOC files.

On Friday 09 February 2007 13:58, alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ..... OpenOffice 2.0 accepts a
> command line argument of "-p filename" that will print to the default
> printer, or "-pt printer filename" that will let you print to a specfic
> printer; both will run w/o the splash screen and quit immediately
> afterwards.

I didn't know that!  Thanks.

Next question:  Will that work even on a machine without an X server?  After
all, if I only want to print a document, not display it on screen, there's no
real need for X.  Presumably I'd have to use some compile-time flags or
makefile hacks to persuade it to build without protesting?

--
AJS