Re: [hylafax-users] sendfax stop when I try to send a pdf file

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 03:32, Michel Donais wrote:
> I try to print a PDF file from Adobe Reader 7.0.1 thru cups, to send it by
> fax. The action stop before opening the faxfrontend window and the action
> seems to round turn without endind. The same action to any other printer is
> successfull.
>
> If I send the same file thru command line the fax is sent.
>
> Where is the bug????

As I always say to anyone who is having trouble with closed source software:
If you had the Source Code, you could see exactly what the problem was!

My guess is that attempting to print to a fax is triggering the
lame "protection" mechanism built into Adobe Reader.  Ditch it in favour of
an Open Source alternative; kpdf  (KDE),  evince  (Gnome)  or xpdf  (any).
These readers don't bother attempting to enforce daft restrictions, and if
they did they could be patched around.

--
AJS