Re: [hylafax-users] Migrating from MS Shared Fax

Neil Aggarwal wrote:

The problem seems to be the email to fax.  It looks
like it does not handle Office files.

Can someone suggest a solution?

You need to find a suitable Office-to-Postscript document converter.

For MS Word documents I've used both wvPS and also antiword. Both of them worked well enough to get by, but neither worked extremely well. I've heard of people being able to use some versions of Open Office and macros to be able to convert Word documents to Postscript, and I'd suspect that would produce better results, but I've not yet seen that actually work myself.

Once you have the converter you then need to configure (write) the MIMEConverter for it which is a fairly straight-forward process.

Thanks,