Re: [hylafax-users] disable sendfax for a device

Glen Batchelor <webmaster <at> all-spec.com> writes:

>  I'm running 3 modems on a server and need to set one of them up as receive
> only. I've not been able to find information on how to do that. The incoming
> volume on the receiving phone line is high enough to justify a receive-only
> setup. I don't want it tied up, when a fax job fails(busy or whatnot) on the
> other two lines.
>
> Thanks,

> Glen Batchelor
> IT Director
> All-Spec Industries
> phone: (910) 332-0424
> fax: (910) 763-5664
> e-mail: webmaster <at> allspec.com

Hi Glen,

I don't know if you are running HylaFax+ or not, but there is an (E)xempt modem
ready state status option in HylaFax+ that lets you do just that - it was s
feature request of mine, glad to see others have the same need!  It is more
thorough than the Busy readyState in rejecting outbound jobs altogether.

See :

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/hylafax-differences.php#modemreadystate

Mark