Re: [hylafax-users] Info Folder and Fax Failures

Administrator wrote:

From time to time we start getting failures to a particular number where every fax fails after some error like “Failure to transmit clean data” no matter what we do every fax fails after the first error. I just now noticed that if we delete the record in the Info folder for that number the faxes start going through again. What would be causing this? Any ideas would be helpful. I am thinking about setting up a job that will clear that folder on a daily basis.

Please show me a copy of the info record when you have this problem. It's probably something like hasV17Trouble getting triggered, and the receiver has problems with not just V.17 but all modulations - possibly because of line quality (i.e. they use VoIP or something for their fax line). You can "fix" the settings in the info file, and that will allow you to not go and delete it every day... because the setting won't get changed. But first we need to identify the flag that's getting switched and then we need to fix it to not change and then we need to figure out why it was getting flagged.