Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + Asterisk and External MTA mail2fax configuration issue

Diego de Fuentes Ceballos wrote:

http://www.julianmenendez.es/documen...lafax_iaxmodem

This link doesn't work.

But, i am currently stuck at configuring a MTA to achieve the mail2fax functionality, i have tried with exim and qmail with no success so far.

I've never done it with exim or qmail, but I've done it many, many times with sendmail and postfix. But, before we go into all of that - I think that it would be useful if you could explain what kind of approach you want to take with how the actual fax number is provided by the sender. There are many different ways that it's done... and each way will require slightly different things of how you configure it.

If your users are going to be sending faxes from many different locations and relaying their fax-bound-email through all kinds of mail servers, then it may be wise to understand that many of the mail-to-fax methods that you'll read about cannot apply to that scenario.

So let's talk about what you're after, in approach, anyway - and then we can talk about how to get there.