Re: [hylafax-users] Missing failure notification.

Lee Howard typed (on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 05:14:28PM -0800):
| Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
|
| >Three more attempts follow until the job is out of the queue.
|
| Okay.  In /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config (the faxq config file) set
| ServerTracing to 0xFFF and re-run the test.  When it's done grep
| /var/log/messages (or wherever your syslog is) for "bin/notify ..." and
| then, from the /var/spool/hylafax directory, re-run that same bin/notify
| command by hand and let's see what it says.  If it says nothing, then
| run it with "sh -x" preceding the bin/notify command and send me the output.

A mysterious error, since the shell grammar sure looks OK to me:

	jpradley:boss 392%  bin/notify 'doneq/q1233' 'failed' '1:15'
	bin/notify: syntax error at line 617: `done' unexpected

I have convinced myself that there is a problem with /bin/sh
in my OS, and have bug-reported it.

I edited the first line of bin/notify:

	s/sh/ksh

and the notification occured as expected.

Which leads to this question: why does the template for 'notify' have
/bin/sh hardcoded, instead of using

        SCRIPT_SH="/bin/ksh"

that I had explicitly set in config.site?

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==