Re: [hylafax-users] mis-interpreted send

bill.allison@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm willing to help with this but don't want to switch on verbose session tracing for a whole day - can I switch it on in, say, /etc/FaxAccounting conditional on caller id? Or if not, I would be willing to recompile with a patch somewhere to do it conditionally. We're on 3.0.12 here.

Even if there were a way to turn up SessionTracing based on TSI (there's not) I wouldn't know how to instruct you to catch the condition... otherwise I'd be able to fix the problem without the more verbose logs.

According to 'man hylafax-config' the tracing bit that needs to be set for HDLC frames (not ECM frames) to be logged would be 0x00040. OR that with your current SessionTracing, and you'll probably come up with 0x4B (75). That should only log a few lines more logging per page received. If you're worried about logging ECM frames, they're logged differently - with bit 0x80000 - which doesn't get set even with 0xFFF.

In any case, I run all of my production servers in Class 1/1.0... and I've reviewed thousands of received TSI strings... on none of them do I see the garbage characters appearing.

I am running HylaFAX+ 5.0.1 ... and the two of you who have reported this are also running HylaFAX+ (4.3.0.11/12). There were no updates to the code between any of these versions to account for this, I don't think. Is it possible that you have a combination RPM+tarball installation where there are versioning problems going on maybe?

Thanks,