Re: [hylafax-users] Missing TIFF Library

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 13:06, you wrote:
> Hi All,
> Am trying to install Hylafax on Solaris 9, am getting Missing TIFF Library,
> tried giving the path for lib still its same problem. Could any body help
> me to solve this issue. I have used following versions of hylafax and TIFF.
>
> tiff-3.5.6-sol8-sparc-local
> tiff-3.7.4-sol9-sparc-local
> tiff-3.8.2.tar
> hylafax-4.1.7.tar
> hylafax-4.2.5.tar
> hylafax-4.3.0.tar

I don't know about Solaris, never having developed anything on it; but if it's
anything like Linux, there will be "developers' versions" of certain
packages, usually named something like tiff-devel or tiff-dev, which you must
install in order to be able to build other things which go with them.

Alternatively, if you have GCC installed,you could build your libtiff from
source.  This will implicitly install the developers' files  (they are
created when you build the package; but, because they are not needed for
everyday use, they are removed from the "ordinary" binary package to save
space).

--
AJS