Re: [hylafax-users] FTP to FAX

Steven Totaro wrote:

Too bad your scripts are proprietary, I am not a coder so it will take
me a significant amount of time to get this working.  If there was a
script with some or all of the functionality I need, I could modify it
quite easily, I just am not good at starting from an empty slate.

My customers, in your position, hired me to do that particular work for them, and yes, that therefore makes the work proprietary without me otherwise consulting with them on "releasing" it.

But what I really meant was that the work was proprietary to their application. I can guarantee that even if I did give you what I've done before you'd spend nearly as much time massaging it into your needs as if you were to do it from scratch, and in the end you'd be worse-off not having learned how to do really fix it if/when problems arise.

The script goes something like this (untested, so this is just a rough outline...)

   for FILE in /some/dir/*.pdf; do
       if [ ! -f /some/dir/$FILE.lock ]; then
           echo $$ >> /some/dir/$FILE.lock
           if [  `cat /some/dir/$FILE.lock`  == "$$" ]; then
               NUMBER=`basename $FILE .pdf`
               sendfax -d $NUMBER $FILE
               mv /some/dir/$FILE /some/dir/done/$FILE
               rm -f $FILE.lock
           fi
       fi
   done

Anyway, that's the gist of it... a very, very brief synopsis. A lot more is generally done to set TSI, Caller*ID, yada yada... check errors, etc... show progress... allow users to remove jobs in progress, etc.