To: "Fred Newtz" <fnewtz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Problem Faxes - Where to start

Fred Newtz wrote:

Alright, I am having, what is to me, a major problem with receiveing faxes. I have received a total of 615 faxes. Out of those faxes, 4 TIFF files give errors when you try and open them, 74 came in as blank pages and 145 of them did not create a file at all.
So I have copied all of the log files to different directories based on the problems that they are having. Now I want to anaylize them and try to figure out where the problem lies. Hylafax, the modem, phone line problems or the other person's fax machine/connection. Am I missing a potential problem area as far as bad faxes go? Is there anything else I should look at besides the log files in the logs folder? I know that potentially my config files have issues, but no telling. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Is there a resource out there that talks about problems/resolutions with fax communications? Is there maybe a step by step type guide that talks about the necessary steps in resolving fax receive issues? Pipe dream I know, but maybe I will try and create one based on my experiences.

My initial guess is that you're not dealing with protocol-related issues... but insead are dealing with installation/configuration issues.