Re: [hylafax-users] FaxGetty defuncts on sarge/etch

Lee Howard wrote:
> Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
>> We have got another problem, which does not affect the way
>> the platform works, but i can see many defuncts of FaxGetty.
>
> They're not permanently defunct, are they? They do get cleaned up
> eventually (in a reasonably short amount of time), right?

We are seeing the same thing.  We are running HylaFAX 4.3.0 on RedHat
7.3.  During receiving of a fax there will be multiple faxgettys spawned
and defunc'd.  They do disappear shortly.  However, the original
faxgetty which reads from ttyS0 stays running the entire time under the
same PID, though mysteriously (at least to me) changes owner to root and
then back  to uucp every now and then.

Should I worry about this?  Is there an explanation?

Thanks,
Erik.