Re: [hylafax-users] T1 PRI Question, Can this be done and has anyone ever done it

I use a slightly different approach.

PSTN <-> T1 PRI PBX (Asterisk) <-> T1 PRI hylafax

where PBX is aware of calls that are dedicated for the hylafax server.

Moritz

On 7/28/06, Brian Thompson <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Has anyone ever put a Hylafax system between a ISDN PRI and a PBX?
>
>Telco T1 PRI<----> T1 PRI (HylaFax) T1 PRI <----> T1 PRI (PBX)
>
>I've seen something about this when both Astrisk and Hylafax were on the same
>computer but nothing on a configuration like this. I would expect that the
>software controlling the T1 card(s) would be dong the routing and not Hylafax.
>
>John Warren
>Network Operations Administrator
>
>Prudent Rx Inc.
>100 Corporate Pointe, Suite 395
>Culver City, CA 90230
>
>P: +1 (310)642-1700 x121
>F: +1 (310)642-1701
>e: jwarren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>**Notice of Confidentiality**
>Please note that the information contained in this message may be privileged
>and confidential and protected from disclosure under the law, including the
>Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If the reader of
>this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
>responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are
>hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
>communication is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
>penalties. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
>sender by replying to the message and delete the material from any computer.
>
>        Thank you,
>
>        Prudent Rx, Inc.

Not sure if you've already found the answer to your original question and sorry for the late reply - I just joined the list and saw your post in the recent archives.

I take it the goal is simply to make use of the telco PRI for more than just
the one device (the PBX) in order to fit Hylafax into the picture?

One method would be to use a T1/PRI switch with 3 ports (one for
the telco and one for each of your devices). I've used an Adtran
Atlas 550 for this sort of thing in the past and it's worked out perfectly.

-Brian