Re: [hylafax-users] Failed fax after 2 TOTDIALS: No carrier detected

Lee Howard typed (on Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 11:33:34AM -0700):
| Jonathan Smithe wrote:
|
| >I'm using Hylafax+ 4.3.0.5 on Gentoo, with t38modem.
| >
| >I have some faxes send (first time) to destinations, that first two or
| >thre attempts are answered by human operators. The problem is that,
| >instead of retrying up to the value set (manually) of MAXDIALS, the
| >fax failes after only two attempts.
|

| This has to do with the JobRetryNoCarrier setting.  If HylaFAX has not
| called a destination before (there is no destination info file) and if
| it encounters a NO CARRIER result, then it will, by default, only try
| one more time.  This is done to avoid calling wrong (voice) numbers over
| and over and annoying people up to 12 times.
|
| If you want to increase that then just increase JobRetryNoCarrier in
| your modem config file.

OK, you dial a number for the first time, so if you don't get a carrier,
the software only tries once more.

Next week, you dial that same number again.  This time, if I understand
what happens, there will be an info file for that number created during
the first attempt.  What happens then?

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==