Re: [hylafax-users] [tkadlubo: Re: Client authentication]

Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski napisał(a):
Thus wrote Mario Ohnewald:
On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 12:42 +0200, Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski wrote:
So far I have figured that hosts.hfaxd have priority - if the client matches
the hosts.hfaxd no further checks will be made. If the client doesn't match
hosts.hfaxd entries it asks for password with 331 result to USER, but PASS
command fails with 530.

I guess I have to check the pam configuration.
I know. Or at least I think I know. The uucp user isn't allowed to su to other
users. :)
Thats my problem too. But hoow do you solve it? Anyone?

Ok. So I played some more and this are the log errors I have when I try to login:

hylafax(pam_unix)[3824]: conversation failure [Conversation is waiting for
event]
hylafax(pam_unix)[3824]: unable to obtain a password hylafax(pam_unix)[3824]:
authentication failure;
logname= uid=0 euid=10 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=tadeusz hfaxd[3824]: Login
failed from localhost.eat.pl [127.0.0.1], tadeusz

The PAM is set up to use pam_unix.so module and that's all. Can anyone provide
working PAM setup for linux?
What distro?

Regards,
Marcin

begin:vcard
fn:Marcin Giedz
n:Giedz;Marcin
org:AltVision Group;Network and New Technologies
adr:;;Polna 11;Warszawa;;00-633;Polska
email;internet:marcin.giedz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Application Engineer
tel;work:+48 22 825 85 08