Re: [hylafax-users] wrong charset in notification mail - suggest CHARSET in bin/dictionary

Dimitrios wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:36:20 +0200 Bodo Meissner <bodo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think using quoted printable would make it harder to edit the dictionary file. IMHO UTF-8 may be better.

i already suggested this. UTF-8 should be the way to do all language translations.

unfortunately the developers from the US said they don't like UTF-8 since they don't really need it.

As I think that I was the only one of "the developers" that had any comments directed towards your report I think that it's better to not taint the rest of "the developers" with my bias. In any case, let me clarify again what I said...

In reviewing e-mail usage I just don't see MUAs using UTF-8, and I'm not keen to have HylaFAX mailing scripts be independently righteous in its character set usage... simply because HylaFAX isn't about setting e-mail trends.

In fact, the e-mail that you sent to the list just now didn't even use UTF-8...