Re: [hylafax-users] wrong charset in notification mail - suggest CHARSET in bin/dictionary

>> How useful is this "fuzzy" feature for HylaFAX purposes?  Will it allow
>> us to not need translations done?
>
> your attitude is rather sarcastic and rude.

Whoa, hold on there, I interpreted this as a legitimate question, not an
attempt at sarcasm.  I could be wrong, of course, but I read it as "can we
get away with partial translations?  What's the benefit?"  To me, every
indication is of somebody genuinely probing the advantages of gettext in
the face of its daunting complexity.

For my part, I'm a big fan of gettext, and have been using it long enough
where I'm used to its tradeoffs and quirks -- and I can understand that
not everybody is, and there are competing alternatives with their own
advantages, including rolling your own.

> look man, i dont care if hylafax has proper internationalization or not, i
> just told you whats the best way to do it.
>
> you dont like it, too bad for you.
>
> i now find it rather good that you forked your own version of hylafax,
> that way the real hylafax won't have to deal with you and your rude
> attitude.

I, for one, would prefer that you articulate why you believe it's the best
approach.  In any case, *somebody* would need to do the work to switch
over.