Re: [hylafax-users] Problem installing Mainpine OCTO+

John,

If the board is not being installed correctly then nothing will work
reliably.  Did you try disabling the onboard serial ports ? Interrupts is a
good candidate to look at for problems.... Is it being shared with anything
else (if the 'other' driver is not well behaved then it could upset the
serial driver).  What happens if you move the board to another PCI slot ?

It is extremely unlikely that you would get the same fault on two (or more)
ports because each 'modem' is completely independent.  Every board goes
through a 24 hour soak test prior to delivery and if you let us have the
serial number we can look up the test results from the production
database.... This documents the results of every single command
sent/received during this period.  This process ensures that DOA boards are
extremely rare.

As Darren said some Kernels require recompilation to support more than 8
ports.  We also know that the behaviour of the serial PNP manager has become
rather odd on modern Kernels.  However, this usually just all works and
therefore I'm sure your problems can be overcome.

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI
Mainpine Ltd. Support
USA +1 718 701 2422 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 436137
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com