Re: [hylafax-users] no devices showing in faxstat

Ok, I'm now using ttyG0 -> ttyG7. Still nothing in faxstat :(

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 31 May 2006 1:55 AM
To: Peter Verhoeven
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] no devices showing in faxstat

Peter Verhoeven wrote:

> This is my second time round installing a hylafax setup, this time
> with Digi Acceleport Xp board with 8 modems.
>
> Hylafax runs ok, the Digi drivers are installed (I'm running
> Mandrake), faxaddmodem talks to the modems fine, I've edited inittab
> for each device (ttyG0_00 -> ttyG0_07), but when I do faxstat I just
> get "HylaFAX scheduler on localhost: Running", but not the normal list
> of Modems with each status.

You need to make symlinks to those devices and use the symlinks instead
of the actual devices themselves. HylaFAX interprets the "_" in the
device name to mean that it's a subdirectory marker... so it thinks that
ttyG0_00 is /dev/ttyG0/00.

Lee.
Disclaimer
**
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify Morris International
immediately and delete all copies. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Morris International.