Re: [hylafax-users] iaxmodem & hylafax, call is not answered?

hylafax@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Lee Howard wrote:

hylafax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

/etc/iaxmodem/ttyIAX0
device          /dev/ttyIAX

/etc/iaxmodem/ttyIAX1
device /dev/ttyIAX

Both of your iaxmodems are fighting over the same device node. Please, make them different.

Aaargh... that simple!! It didn't state this in the readme with iaxmodem. I'll mail the maintainer and ask for this to be changed in the docs.

That's me. I've made an annotation in README under "device".

To avoid the same mistake for hylafax, I guess I should create multiple config.ttyIAX0 config.ttyIAX1 etc. files too for each 'line' and also start multiple faxgetty processes from inittab??

Yes. You have to have distinct faxgetty processes and distinct config files for each modem instance.