Re: [hylafax-users] Leave config files alone during upgrade

On 5/22/06, mnoel@xxxxxxxxxxx <mnoel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need to upgrade Hylafax from 4.2.0 to 4.2.5. This is on a redhat box. I have the rpm for the upgrade and I want to run "rpm -Uvh hylafax-4.2.5-1rhel3.i386.rpm". My concern is that this will overwrite all my config files and scripts that I've tweaked.

Config files will be preserved, scripts (notify, faxrcvd, ...) will be overwritten. Ideally, you should never customize an "original" script directly, but always copy it to a new file and point your config file to that new file, ie

cp bin/notify bin/notify.custom

in etc/config

NotifyCmd: bin/notify.custom

-- giulioo@xxxxxxxxx