Re: [hylafax-users] Direct Inward Dial based routing with FaxDispatch

Suraj Jadhav wrote:

I found one link where they have mentioned DID/DTMF.

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2005-12/msg00152.php
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2005-12/msg00155.php

I tried using the ServerTracing: 0xFFF (666 for HylaFAX 4.2.5) but I do not see any NMBR etc in /var/log/messages - as mentioned in msg00155. How do I make this happen?

Did you read this like like I suggested (3.6.5) ?

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/using.php#ss3.6

"In the case that the HylaFAX-controlled modem is working behind a fax-compatible PBX system and that PBX system receives DID information from the telco, then if that PBX can pass the DID information to the modem as a series of DTMF digits after the modem answers a call - and if the modem supports reception of DTMF digits in this fashion (usually requires that the modem have "voice" support) - then the modem hardware does not need to have specific DID-capabilities to receive DID information from the PBX, as HylaFAX supports DID reception via DTMF in this manner."

Then you would look for and read about "SHIELDED_DTMF" in 'man hylafax-config' and a read of 'man callid' would do well, too:

 http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php
 http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/callid.php

If I remember right, the SHIELDED_DTMF feature as found in 4.3.0.2 is functionally better than it is as found in 4.3.0. There were changes in the sourceforge branch that have not yet made their way to the hylafax.org branch.