Re: [hylafax-users] wedged and reset scripts

Tony Delov wrote:
Hi All,
I was looking trough the the man for wedged.
It talks about a reset modem script.
" If there exists an executable file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/resetmodem
then that file will be executed upon execution of the wedged script in
an effort to recover the modem."

Has anyone got any scripts that they use ?
I've searched around for any on the net.. but haven't come across any yet.

Tony,

The script will depend on your particular setup. In our environment
(using Vyacheslav Frolov's t38modem), the following script resets a
failed instance of t38modem when it is detected as 'wedged' by HylaFAX:

[root@hylafax]# cat resetmodem
#!/bin/bash
# this is ran from the 'wedged' script, with the $device parameter
'/dev/ttyx0' for example
DEV="`basename $1`"
#echo "Device is ${DEV}"
PID="`ps -C t38modem -o pid,cmd | grep ${DEV} | grep -v grep| awk
'{print $1}'`"
#echo "PID is ${PID}"
# try a nice kill first
kill ${PID} >/dev/null 2>&1
sleep 10
# enough playing - kill for real now
kill -9 ${PID} >/dev/null 2>&1
exit

As you can see, the above simply tries to kill the rogue t38modem
process, however, we run t38modem instances from inside /etc/inittab,
which ensures they are re-started properly after such an abrupt kill.

[root@hylafax]# ps -C t38modem -o pid,cmd
 PID CMD
23558 /usr/local/bin/t38modem -p ttyya
3610 /usr/local/bin/t38modem -p ttyy0