From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:36 AM
To: Oxenberg, Barry
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Errors in fax logs...

Oxenberg, Barry wrote:

> By the way, in case it makes any difference, the software is running
> on a Slackware 9.1 box.

As far as I know Slackware doesn't have a HylaFAX distribution that
comes with it, and I thought that Slackware did all of its installs from
source anyway.  So assuming that the result of `which faxgetty` says
"/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty" it would generally seem that you have a
default installation from source.  If that's the case, then go to here:

  http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/install.php#ss2.2

and start at subsection 2.2.2 and go through 2.2.7.  Keep in mind that
this was written particularly for new installations, so when upgrading
some of those things may be already done for you and you just need to
double-check them... and do a 'hylafax stop' before doing 'hylafax
start'.

If this is too much for you, and since this is a production server, I
would then recommend that you hire a consultant to perform the upgrade.

There are many of us here who are more than willing to assist in this.

Thanks,

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag