[hylafax-users] Recommendation on modems split between Mainpine and rocketport

Hey all,
I'm in the process of spec'ing out a modem for a new fax server I'm
building.  I'm looking to have a multiport modem, 4 or more ports.

I'm wondering what people have had experience wise, with internal modems
vs external serial modems and linux?  I'll be running Debian Sarge on a
fairly new system.

One concern that I have is in regards to my server chassis.  I'd prefer
to have a system that was rack mounted, taking up 2U, but I'm afraid
that might be a problem with the multi-line cards (internal?)

I feel that the multi-port internal cards would be better (rockforce,
Mainpine) as they will be treated differently by the kernal than the
serial based modems.

I'm wondering what thoughts people have on this?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Matuszewski
Director of Network Operations